Tuesday 10 May 2011

Super Powers - Healer

In this series of blogs I will be observing the various super powers that we'd all love to have. I'll look at the pro's and cons and see what we all think we could do with the powers. These powers won't necessarily be needed to act as a super hero, they could simply be thier to make your life easier. At the end of the each blog i will give a verdict on these abilities - Super? or Stupid?

Being a 'Healer' is necessarily the most impressive super ability, but i'm sure it would be considered the most useful by a lot of people. Healing the most deadly of wounds would make you useful to others, but would you become too much of a one-trick pony? And is it to small of a power?

Positives
Heal the sick
This is an obvious plus, to be able to help those with injuries and illness.
Help others
An obvious positive is the ability to help the sick.
Help yourself
You don't have to worry about illness anymore, just heal yourself all the time.

Negatives
Not invincible
I tik it's impotant to know that just because you can heal, that doesn't mean your immortal. If you got wacked in the head with a brick, or put into a coma. You wouldn't be able to heal yourself.
Exhausting Work
Think of the amount of people looking for yout heal them, and once you start, you wouldn't feel like you'd be able to stop. When do yo reach a person and say enough is enough, it would be difficult to turn someone away.
Fighting crime?
I suppose you could fight crime, but your ability to heal wouldn't be much help, you'd have to rely on your own strength and fighting ability. It just means when the villains beat you up, you an just heal yourself afterwards. That would be a pretty crap super hero.

What you had to say
What would you do with the power to heel?

@ I'd be rich. Very, very rich.

@ Heal those who deserve to be healed!

@ Cure disease worldwide then when I'm done, I'll have no fear surely as if I can heal, when I hurt myself I'll heal myself!
@ Heal people on the inside and impart the same power to them,soon,everyone's nice to each other,not much to hope for is it?
@ Heal people =P

@ I'd convince people to let me punch them in the face in return for free healing. But I'd also work on AIDs I suppose.

Conclusion
The ability to heal would definatly be a useful power, and you can do a lot of good with it, but I can't help feeling that it's just too much responsibility. You obviously wouldn't be able to help everyone in the world, especially as they'll just get ill again and again. It's an endless, vicious cycle. And thiers no other alternative uses for the power, it's just healing people, you can help in any other way. Also, as i said in the negatives list, you wouldn't be considered the most exciting super hero if thats the route you'd want to take.

Verdict - Stupid

Your View
Do you agree with what I've said?
Comment with your views below!
You can also get the latest updates on my blog posts by following my blog and following me on twitter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment