Monday 2 May 2011

Super Powers - Breathing Underwater

In this series of blogs I will be observing the various super powers that we'd all love to have. I'll look at the pro's and cons and see what we all think we could do with the powers. These powers won't necessarily be needed to act as a super hero, they could simply be thier to make your life easier. At the end of the each blog i will give a verdict on these abilities - Super? or Stupid?

Positives
Can't drown
Nobody would like to drown obviously, and this wuld be the only way to garuntee it never happens.
Explore the deep sea
it would be an amazing opportunity to search through the deepest parts of the sea, and go where no person has gone before.
Escape people
If you're being chased by someone, it would be an easy way to escape, or even fake your own death.
Genuine Hero
This is one of those rare powers where you could become a genuine hero, just become a great swimmer and you could save people from drowning and similar dangers.

Negatives
Pruning
If you spend a lot of time in the water, you'd prune up a lot. Not good.
Swimming Ability
Just because you can breath underwater, it doesn't mean that you'll be a good swimmer, it would take some time.
Get Lost
I suppose thier could be a danger that if you spend a bunch of time underwater, you could end up lost. Being lost at sea is never great.

What you had to say
Twitter - What would you do with the power to breath underwater?

@ Be able to happily pick all the loose change at the bottom of water fountains!

@ I'd swim around the world, just for bragging rights...with some form of predator defense.

@ See if I could find Atlantis :)

@ Talk to Spongebob.


@ See if I could find Atlantis :)

@ I'd swim to Australia so I wouldn't drown and wouldn't have to get on a plane. (Y)

Conclusion
This power, could prove very useful in a number of situations. It would be great for travel, hiding, and could be life saving in some cases. Also, you could genuinly use it for good, perhaps by becoming a lifeguard.

Verdict - Super

Your View
Do you agree with what I've said?
Tell me your views by posting a comment below.
You can also get the latest updates on my blog posts by following my blog and following me on twitter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment