Saturday 26 March 2011

World of Film - What's the deal 2011? -- Part 2

'Being Positive'

In my previous blog you saw me rant and moan about 2011, and at the end of it I promised to be more positive and upbeat for the next one. Here we are - My attempt at being positive.

Let's start with the fact that filming of 'The Hobbit' has finally got underway. There have been a lot of setbacks, and it has lead to a lot of people dubbing 'The Hobbit' as "cursed". But it's great to hear that it's now up and running. The lineup looks good, with a solid British cast.
Even though part 1 of the film isn't expected out until the end of 2012, it is obviously highly anticipated by a lot of people, and if it reaches the quality of the Lord of The Rings films, then it should be an enjoyable adventure.

Thier is one film currently out in the cinema that i would really love to go and watch. And that film is 'Submarine' which is the movie that is directed by IT Crowds' Richard Ayoade. Positive reviews, and a quirky trailer has really got me interested. Also Ayoades' witty (and sometimes wierd) humour that i've seen him make on various ocassions makes it even more appealing.

Another film that seems really interesting to me is 'Sucker Punch'. It looks like a film packed with great action. Also, with a female dominated cast, it should add something extra. I can't really say to much about this film, as I haven't read too much about it, but i've seen the trailer and it's caught my eye as a film that i would love to watch this year.

So thier you go, a bit of optimism. Maybe for the next world of film blog i'll try and be more balanced, or how about controversial? That would be cool...

0 comments:

Post a Comment